The benefits of Ruby on Rails software cannot be overemphasized. It offers us a combination of better quality code libraries, best tooling, and a more realistic approach to software. Additionally, the community of Ruby on Rails tends to have higher calibre of engineers who encourage responsible development over other gung-ho approaches seen in other communities. Below are some of the benefits of Ruby on rails in web development.
• Libraries. There is a gem you can use for anything you could think of, and they are searchable and publicly available at rubygems.org.
• Large Community. It is possible to find Ruby communityin virtually all the major cities around the world where regular meetups take place. This helps beginners to interact with those with several years of experience. Ruby on Rails is among the most popular languages on Github, a social coding site.
• It is very productive. Ruby on Rails is a succinct and eloquent language which helps to develop features incredibly fast when combined with plethora of third party libraries. Suffice it to say that it is among the most yielding programming languages in the world.
• Rails language is popular in the valley. Historically, it has been shown that technology that has been popular around the Silicon Valley has been gradually adopted across the globe. Considering the successes of big startup in recent years, such as Etsy, Shopify, GitHub and Airbnb, they all operate on Ruby on Rails.
• Tooling. Ruby on Rails offers nice stooling that helps in delivering more features within a short period of time. It also offers a standard structure of web application, where all the similar patterns are well taking care of for you.
• There are more responsible developers on Rails. Compared to other software developers, Ruby on Rails developers are more aligned and compliant to the rules of responsible development. As a startup, if you communicate well, write simple code instead of smart code, tackle vertical slices, share ownership, and many more acts, you tend to end your project in a better shape.
• Code Quality. Ruby on Rails has a very high code quality. They are generally, the quality of 3rd party Ruby code are reasonable higher than their NodeJS or PHP equivalent.
• Ruby on Rails is considered as the programming language of the next generation. It seems to be the preferred choice language for a large number of popular online coding schools such as Steer, CodeCademy, and Makers Academy. What this entails is that there is a high increase of talented programmers trooping into Rails community in the next coming years.
• Ruby on Rails is great in test automation. When it comes to testing and testing automation, the Ruby community is great on that. What this does is that it helps in delivering incredibly good quality software, and also the main reason why Ruby libraries are unique and great.
These are some the benefits Ruby on Rails offers, and it is gradually taking over in the programming world.