Ruby is a language in programming that was developed by Yukihiro Matsumoto about twenty years ago. Ruby is among the top 10 programming languages in terms of popularity. It is best known for its application in web programming. On the other hand, Rails is a software code that is linked to Ruby programming language. Rails was created by David Heinemeier Hansson. He named it Ruby on Rails, though it could be simply called Rails. It works with the operating system “command-line interface”. Below are some of the main advantages of Ruby on Rails.
The Major advantages of Ruby on Rails
• It is easier and requires less effort to learn.
In the programming world, one of the easiest web application to learn is Ruby on Rails. Compared to other web applications, Rails takes little effort to master.
• Ruby on Rails has a flourishing community.
It has a very large community where you can meet many happy people who are ahead of you in the learning process to put you through in case of any difficulties. Although everybody can’t be nice in the community, you are likely to come across help from the community when you are a beginner.
• You don’t necessarily need to learn SQL to use Ruby on Rails.
For most applications there is no need to use SQL, but it doesn’t mean that you should ignore it totally. One good side about Ruby on Rails is that when you learn it, you automatically learn bits of other applications.
• You can easily get materials on how to learn and master Ruby on Rails
Ruby on Rails is a framework that you can get more tutorials for its different aspects compared to other web framework on the net. It is a nice way to kick-start your web application career.
• Most Start-up companies make use of Ruby on Rails programmers
Other things to enjoy while using Ruby on Rails
• At the initial stage when you work with Rails, you don’t necessarily need to spend time knowing anything about your database. But with time, you will want to get more proficient with SQL behaviour to increase your overall performance. This could be your personal preference, but it is way harder to know stuff that need tuning when you’ve never needed to go through SQL before. With Ruby on Rails, it is much easier to omit learning easy database stuff.
• Documentation – the proliferation of resources on Ruby on Rails framework implies that it can be very difficult to find concise, thorough and up-to-date documentation for some gems or plugins. It was described by one SO user as documentation via blogging.
These are some of the things you enjoy when you use Ruby on Rails web application. Since the advent of this application, it has helped ease-out some stress in the programming world.